March 04, 2009

Talkin Back, Again

“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” Dr. Seuss


Me, Myself and I has left a new comment on your post "the SwimMom Question":

Then just do do them. There, done. You don't have to do anything you don't want to.

I have not been skinny dipping.

ME: See you can answer tags when your answer is "No, I have never been skinny dipping." Some of us are not so quick with the No, I've never done that.

Emily has left a new comment on your post "Registered! What Have I done?":

Oh, you're official now. The money is paid and there's no turning back. I'm praying for melted snow. Promise!

ME: Emily it is a beautiful day with lots of sun your praying worked. Keep it up so that we can get outside and train.

Emily has left a new comment on your post "Talkin Back":

Just in case I haven't told you lately, I love "Talkin' back".
Keep it up, please!

ME: The one thing I don't like about blogging is sometimes it seems so one sided. 

Emily has left a new comment on your post "Registered! What Have I done?":

BTW, did you say y'all? I love it!

ME: Yes sometimes my dad comes slipping out. :) That and reading your blog probably has rubbed off on me. :)

Heather Bowles has left a new comment on your post "The Health Nut!":

At first I thought you were talking about Wendy then I started reading the story, you should have used the word eccentric (sorry if that is spelled wrong.) Funny story, Funny story.

ME: We have to be impressed with how strict she is about her diet. It is hard to be that disciplined. But ya I thought it was funny too.

Me, Myself and I has left a new comment on your post "The Health Nut!":

That makes me laugh SO MUCH.
hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa

ME:  :)

Willow has left a new comment on your post "The Health Nut!":

Mmmmm.... chlorine! That marvelous chemical that keeps nasties out of our public pools, stains out of our whites, and can purify water in a pinch.

I received a similar lecture from a "health nut" when I used mineral oil to preserve eggs. I had heard that rubbing fresh eggs with mineral oil will keep the eggs from spoiling for up to a year. So, I rubbed eggs, stashed them in the back of my refrigerator, and waited patiently. We tried one egg every month. As I coated 18, at the end of the year we had scrambled eggs for breakfast (I did do a sniff check to make sure they were not rotten). My friend was appalled, "don't you know how horrible mineral oil is? I can believe you would use it for anything."

Well, I have a few "fresh" eggs in my food storage.... know what that means??? CAKE!!!

ME: I have never heard of putting mineral oil on eggs. It really worked? Guess I know where I'm headed if there is ever a disaster. Willow has CAKE!!!

Heather Bowles has left a new comment on your post "Lost in a Good Book!":

I LOVE READING!!!! I almost only read books that have been recommended or that I have heard a lot of talk on. My kindle shipped on Saturday, I should have it any day know, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I am so excited and I am not like this normally.
happy reading.

ME: If your Kindle disappears I just want to say for the record, "I have no idea what happened to it." :)

Emily has left a new comment on your post "Biking 45 Miles!":

How do you Twit on a spin bike? I've really got to learn this Twit stuff. I'm feeling so left out and confused.
Good luck tomorrow!

ME: To twit on your bike you park your bike right next to the sofa. Pop open the laptop on the sofa and twit away. It was lots of fun and I really enjoyed it.  I might have to figure out how to Twit once I get out on the road. Heck with the amount of miles I have to ride I just might come visit each and everyone of you.

2 comments:

Willow said...

The mineral oil totally worked! It was easy... rub eggs all over, place pointy end down, date carton, stash in the back of the fridge. After about 2 months, I cracked them into a seperate bowl and checked for spoilage before using them.

Terrible mother of the year moment... when our year long egg experiment was over, I made a scrambled eggs with the six remaining. I then fed the eggs to my sons. Why didn't I eat them first?... Someone was going to have to drive them to the hospital if the whole thing was a flop. Yeah, be glad I'm not your mommy.

All was well... the eggs tasted fine (yes I did taste them), and no one was taken to the hospital.
YEAH CAKE!!!!!!!!!!

Willow said...

In addition to cake, we also have mints, tootsie rolls, hershey kissables, and other candies. I am also working on storing the ingredients for hot fudge sauce. You know what they say, "store what your family will eat." Maybe I should have some real food on hand too....