April 27, 2009

A Muse I Found A Muse

I have been in a little bit of a funk. The weather is driving me mad and making me a little sad. I push on and try to forget and pretend that I am not in a funk but at last I am still in a funk.

Tonight we ran over to the library to grab a few books. Al asked that we pick up a Shel Silverstein book. Brent has never read Shel Silverstien and asked, "Why does she want a book of poems?" On the way home I read a few to him. I think he understood. Any way I ran across the following poem and it just reminded how fun this life can be.

Put Something In

by Shel Silverstein

Draw a crazy picture,
Write a nutty poem,
Sing a mumble-gumble song,
Whistle through your comb.
Do a loony-goony dance
'Cross the kitchen floor,
Put something silly in the world
That ain't been there before.

I told Brent that Shel Silverstein is one of my all time favorites and I use to spend hours reading his silly poems. I think he would have been a real fun person to know.

I think it is time for me to find my silly again. Maybe I can even find my grin again. Maybe if I try hard enough I can even find my smile.

Hope your having a great Monday.

4 comments:

Me, Myself and I said...

One of my fav Shel Silverstein poems is "Boa Constrictor". Oh, and "Hug of War". Oh, and for sure "Sister For Sale" (with 3 daughters, my Mom read this one a lot).

Heather Bowles said...

I have so been in the same slump. I think I may need a kick in the butt from the exercise nazi. I have been slacking so bad.

Sharonda and Zaron said...

I love Shel Silverstein. It makes me want to go to the library.

Sharla said...

Shel Silverstein is great.. but... there is also the "other" side of Shel Silverstein. The one I don't want to know. The one that leaves me thinking "this is why he was so full of happy crazy poems" My favorite is
"I don't want to go to school today
Said little Peggy Ann McKay.
"I have the measles and the mumps
A Gash, a rash and purple bumps.
.. I used to have the whole thing memorized.... HA HA.. thanks for the trip.