December 18, 2009

2009 Virtual Advent Tour

Large Advent 1

I am so excited to participate in this year’s Advent tour hosted by Kalina and Marg. I have enjoyed many of your post and the Christmas spirit that has rang through. If I did not get an opportunity to leave a comment just know that I appreciate all of the wonderful post. The first thing you may notice is this is not a book blog. I love reading and I stock your blogs all the time for suggestions. One of these days, I may even become organized enough to link back to your post especially after I read one of your suggestions and love the book.

This Christmas season has been especially busy for me. I guess that is the consequence of having four growing children. Christmas concerts, seasonal activities, and preparing for the big day have left me a little bit crazy. However, even with all the hustle and bustle we have been able to enjoy a few of our favorite traditions.

At the beginning of every Christmas season, we put up the Christmas tree. Yes, we have an artificial tree but as I point out to my kids the box says, “Christmas tree,” meaning it is not a fake Christmas tree. They just smirk at me. Go figure!

Each year I search the stores for a new and perfect ornament for each family member. A little reminder from a moment from the past year. My favorite part is looking for the ornament and remembering all the good moments through the year. We all can use those reminders. This year I started a new tradition and the children have to tell me why they have the ornaments they have before they put them on the tree. It was a lot of fun to travel down memory lane.

Okay, sometimes they can be a bit sarcastic and make me a bit crazy but I can tell that it is a tradition that means a lot to them. Or at least that is my story and I am stickn to it.

The same night we put up the tree the kids get new Christmas pj’s. If you read this blog, you know that I have no patience and I cannot wait until Christmas for them to wear their Christmas pj’s. I want them to wear them all month and enjoy them. Also, I want to get a picture of them in their cute pj’s in front of the tree.


PB215598

What can I say it is all about the picture. Aren't they the cutest group of monsters you have ever seen?

As I type this post, I am sitting in front of the tree and every time I look up, I just smile and think of all the Christmas past and the joy of having a family to share memories and share this special time of year.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

5 comments:

sprite said...

What great traditions! I love ornaments that mean something. And the kids look great in their festive pj's.

Julia Smith said...

Really great Christmas PJ's shot! And three birthdays the week of Christmas would wear most people out - glad to hear you've still got the energy for all the regular Christmas stuff.

kaye said...

My Christmas tree comes in a box too. I love that you get a new Christmas ornament for each child each year. You should take a picture of them holding it, a close-up of the ornament and then write why you selected that ornament. Down the road you'll forget and it would be nice to remember. It's a lovely tradition. I also like the idea you buy them pajama's to enjoy--before Christma. How original. Have a Merry Christmas.

Aarti said...

That's a really nice thing to do with the ornaments :) Happy holidays!

cj said...

What a good looking bunch and I love the idea of keeping them connected to the memories like that!

Have a very merry Christmas!

cjh